13

Maybe He's Born With It.... (Yep, a total rip off from Mabelline's motto)

I do not look as handsome as I ever wanted to be, but I am not that ugly either. I am not skinny, nor muscular, and I do maintain my weigh by watching what I eat. People do not say nice things about my character, because most will find me weird, and the goodie-two-shoes will often label me as vulgar and maybe 'evil'.


I got compliments in only two things; I am brilliant (in some stuff) and I have nice skin.


Let's speak about the biggest organ our body is covered with - the skin. Nope, I do not have fair alabaster skin. (I did have dreams marrying a woman with such skin. And had married one. End of story). Nor I was beautifully bronzed by the hot sun of the Equator. You all KNOW I like dark places. Like a cockroach :)


My skin is blameless, not flawless though. And quite nice for someone my age (32). Many a time a fellow teacher or friend would ask what make up or stuff I use on the skin. I just said I never use any (really) and maybe sometimes a facial mask or so. But that was rather rarely done. Oh, and I eat lots of vegetables and clean my face with water ONLY.


They didn't believe me. Especially about the cleansing of the face with water.


A long time ago, my face was quite terrible, with pockmarks and ruined by pimples. A face of red misery. A kind lecturer in the university suggested that I wash my face with water ONLY and eat a lot of vegs, especially tomatoes to build a healthy skin. She swore by it.


I practiced her suggestion and now I swore on the success too :)


My adopted son, Herry (if you remembered him) had a pimply face, and his good looks was wrecked because of it. When I met him last February, I was aghast with the rampant acne fest, because it was even worse than two years before. The horror escalated when he told me that his mother asked him to swab his face with cleaning fluid (with green lime as a basic ingredient) and use FACIAL CLEANSER and SOAP!! By all that is GOOD!! [His mother, a fine woman, has fair and faultless skin / face]


I threw the offending bottles out of his bag and reminded him what I taught years ago about face-care. He never use soap or any other cleanser since.


Later last week Herry sent his latest picture by MMS. He was excited to show me that his face was WAY better than last time we met. His mother sent her regards too :)  
The pic on the left was taken a few months ago. The right pic was sent last week.
See the difference :) And it can only get better :)

P.S - I should be a beauty consultant.... and charge people for results.

13 comments:

Aizan Suhaira said...

Change of career? Give Dr. Murad a run for his money?

Tenchi said...

I never use those cleaning thing on my face...pure tap water only...then i didn't take much tomatoes, but i did take a lot of vege...

CiCi said...

Big difference in the before and after pics. Glad Herry took your advice.

Unknown said...

Aizan; I don't only do health talks... I also do Fashion! Ha ha ha!

Unknown said...

Tenchi; You Chinese are mostly blessed with clear skin. Why don't you like tomatoes? They are tasty.

Unknown said...

TechnoBabe; I told him if he didn't, girls will not be interested for dates :)

Vyazz said...

Hmmm....speaking of skin I have horrid skin. No not with pimples or blotches, but ridiculously sensitive. Like small bruises or burns never go away and I darken like in seconds!!! :(
Wish I had adamantine skin. Unaffected by anything!!
Guess thats one thing u can be happy about!!!
:)

Unknown said...

Vyazz; My skin burns easily too. That's why I like the dark.

Why you wanna wish for adamantium skin anyway? You like shiny stuff, is it?

Tenchi said...

tomato is too sour "masam"

Unknown said...

Tenchi; Yes. But some of them are quite sweet. You do know that they are fruits after all :)

Tenchi said...

yeah i know...my wife like it very much...

eternalthinker said...

Ow u multi-talented shadow, U ought to try out this new way of making money in your free time!

broca's area said...

oh...good fact.!!

thanks

Post a Comment

Back to Top