14

To The Movies We Will Go.

I'd like to share you some pictures of me doing one of my favourite hobbies (other than gaming, eating and sleep). So bear with me and wait till I visit the blogs of you lot to comment. My update is SO LONG overdue and I feel like kicking myself, neglecting to write. I blame the new PS4 games I religiously play everyday and the added school workload, reaching the end of the year.   
Well, this is on top of my dashboard. A plastic Doraemon, the Japanese cat-like robot (I happen to love and collect Doraemon stuff. My students also give me lots during Teacher's Day). The rubber salamander is a leftover from a Teacher's Day game, this year. 
(A few teachers here do call Doraemon, and I don't really mind. The students are aware of my liking to the character but they are not crazy enough to call me to my face. Do your friends call you a nickname from any cartoons?)
I hate traffic jam. Fortunately after the state upgraded the roads to double lanes, the way to the city is now wider and faster. Still I prefer to go during weekdays to avoid the rush on weekends. When I was younger, I'd ride the bus to go and watch a movie. 
It was really a pain as the public transportation here is not really dependable. But you do excruciating things for the stuff you love eh?

And we have a meal before we do the shopping / movie. If I am feeling generous, I'd go to somewhere fancier but nowadays that kind of money-burning intent has somewhat lessen. (Maybe because of my brand new hobby - saving money in the bank!)
Here you see my housemate (Yes, he lives with me) with a pizza, and I am having an orange brioche (mighty expensive, the pastry, but oh so good!). Usually I do sushi, but the kind I like best was sold out.

And this is us waiting for the movie to start. Usually we arrive two hours earlier so we can do some shopping and eat. I prefer to go back directly after the movie. I am predictable that way. 

The front of the cinema... I use the right entrance, for online purchases. A few years back I had a card for another cinema, and used the card to buy tickets from a machine situated in front of said cinema. When a newer cinema opened (pic) I finally experienced the joy of online purchases.
Sometimes I bought tickets a week in advance. 

This was taken around 1100 pm, after the cinema, on our way to the car. See the cars? The cinema is always full of people. 
I don't park inside the shopping complex area anymore to save money and to avoid the traffic jam of going out of the tight compound. We have to walk further a bit as I parked my car in a nearer shop lots. (This particular shopping mall has the cheapest parking rate ever, RM 1 the whole day, but I am a cheapskate after all.) 

And this unrelated picture is of the spread my sister and I had for our mother. No, it wasn't her birthday or what, sometimes we do stuff like this to amuse ourselves. Usually my sisters do the mommy-entertaining stuff, but as I ordered the whole catalog for dimsum from a friend, I said what the hell, let's do a party. The dimsum was awesome!
That's my niece, Qasrina Sofea. She modeled stuff (jewelry and clothes) for her mom's boutique shop. 
Oh, and I bought the steamboat pot and induction cooker especially for this. I am also an impulsive buyer. (complex me).  

I had this Tefal electric grill for years (I found the brand to be very exceptional, if you buy the premium stuff). Grilling is done outside of course. I do have an actual grilling set at home, and it was such a chore to clean after use :P Having meal with people you love should be a frequent thing. "Do not be stingy when it comes to food with family and friends" I read this earlier this year. How true. 

p.s.
- We watched Ben Hur (the remake) and I was not impressed

14 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Who does like traffic jams? And here in the UK the roads get busier every day.

I can see your flatmate looks overjoyed at having his photo taken. :D

Unknown said...

He always look like that. The only thing that interest him to be animated is football.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, look at all that dimsum! I need to go to our favourite dimsum restaurant soon and have a big feed of all my faves again soon! And good luck with your new hobby -- that's a very important hobby to have.

Unknown said...

Glad i inspired you to go and get your fav food :)
For now i am winning at saving. I got three accounts in 3 different banks for spending.

Abby said...

It's about time we hear from you! Thanks for the update. Wow, that's a lot of food. Looks soooo good!
I've never heard of Doraemon and have never had a cartoon-character nickname.
I heard Ben Hur pretty much bombed.

Unknown said...

Hello Abby;
Yes, it has been a long while. Doraemon is big in Japan and Asia. And Ben Hur is indeed disappointing.
Will try to write more soon.

Tomoko said...

Long time no see, Ramzu!
The movie title brought me back to the nostalgic past of almost 50 years ago!I saw the movie but it was difficult story. Qasrina Sofea is adorable. Doraemon is swwet but the long rooted popularity of Doraemon is a riddle for me. Be healthy and enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Dear Tomoko;
So you watched the Ben Hurr film a long time ago? That's totally awesome.
I like Doraemon because he was a part of me growing up. I even watched the cartoon when I was in boarding school. You can say I was amazed by the gadgets from his pocket.
And thank you for the wishes :)

Martha said...

I always hated traffic jams but now that I live in a small city I no longer have to deal with them. Nobody likes them. Your niece is adorable! It's hard to spot her in all that food :) Too bad about the Ben-Hur remake but I'm not surprised. It's tough to outdo Charlton Heston.

Tomoko said...

Yes,Ben Hurr, when I was a child. It was a great hit movie at that time.So sweet to hear you like doraemon. Enjoy your break.

Unknown said...

Dear Martha;
I will take more of her pics soon. She is indeed very pretty, like her mother.
In fact I might dedicate a whole post for her :)

Unknown said...

Thanks yet again :D

ShadowRun300 said...

I thought it funny that you ordered an orange brioche when they didn't have the sushi you like. :) (I would have just gone straight for the brioche.)
I rarely go to the movies. You make it look like a great experience though.
And that food for your mother! She musta felt like a queen that day!

Unknown said...

The cream inside the brioche was so good I had to buy it all over again :)
Why not go to the movies? Its a wonderful experience.
My mom always claim indifference in such an occasion, hahaha

Post a Comment

Back to Top