6

The Weeks in Pictures

It's the rainy season, until October. It rained every day, and I like it very much because I prefer the cold. This is taken at 730 am in the morning, when the school was about to start. My plants get more than enough water and the weed grew like, oh well, weed. Have to pay somebody to have them cut soon... 

The bane of them all.... Science presentation. I took the month off teaching and forced my students to do it instead. The result? TERRIBLE. But they appreciate me a lot more when they understand how difficult it was to make people understand, making the complicated, simpler i.e. be a teacher.
(Most presentation were show-and-tell. They read from texts and were not able to describe the process clearly, or even methodically)
I am teaching again as usual, after warning them to never ever get in my way again while teaching. 
They agreed, readily. Lesson learned.

Students at the assembly square.... on a Friday.

My multi coloured chili plant. I love this plant, as it flowers and produced chilies everyday.  My thai basil and mint are doing ok. But my basil plant died of fungus infection (damn it!). I may want to but some flowering plants soon.
I love sunflowers, but was not able to grow some. 

This was taken during a fire drill sometime ago. The firemen talked about how to extinguish certain type of fire, using two types of fire extinguishers. I was chosen as the teacher representative to extinguish the petrol-fueled fire in the picture.
It's a 'meh' experience. (Arson was a childhood hobby).

Me and my niece at a wedding reception. I drove my mom here, her friend's son had this ceremony at a new university hall.
My niece Qasrina is having ice cream as dessert. When I was her age, we couldn't get any ice cream., because it was never part of the menu. But as weddings got bigger and more exorbitant, the menu and decor reflect thus.

People eating in the hall, wedding reception.

The place where the bride and groom shall take their place for the guest to admire, see. This is also called sitting-in-state ceremony @ 'bersanding'. 
The set up in this picture in typical for a big wedding, where smaller weddings may have 1/3 of this size.
The ultra luxury weddings may even have living flowers and armies of followers to company the newlyweds on stage.
(I rarely wait for the bride and groom, I like to leave early before the rush) 

The food. Typical high cholesterol, glorious blood clotting food!
Fat is flavour!

And lastly, some of my students accompanying me to eat at some nearby food shop. I do this sometimes when I stayed in school as warden for the day.


To answer why I am infamous to some people.... it is mostly my own fault. I was a fiery teacher who spewed profanity whenever I don't get my way, even in class. Not only my words were harsh, I ruled all my classes with an iron fist.
Students tolerate me, hate me, or whatever.
And these students will tell their parents, and their parents will contact the people above - why is this monster teaching our children?!!

I don't know where you come from.... But if a teacher cannot scold you for anything... what will you end up being? Spare the rod and ruin the children.

But no worry. The new Government, with the new Education Minister is accelerating the rot by restricting teachers a lot. "The students cannot be harmed emotionally. The students cannot be scolded. No punishment will ever meted. etc "

Don't worry, it was the end of Fiery Ramzu. Well Hello Docile Discipline Teacher!   

6 comments:

Abby said...

"I took the month off teaching and forced my students to do it instead. The result? TERRIBLE." HA, I like that tactic!

Lots of eating going on in this post, and that's quite the fire demonstration. And I have some thoughts on disciplining in schools, but I know it's a touchy subject.

Unknown said...

We come from very different places. Here, teachers used to be very revered and our words are law in class. But nowadays, the respect has eroded, giving to the rise of lawlessness.
This happens when politicians get their filthy fingers in our system.
But I am open to any suggestions :)
Tell away.

Martha said...

Nice round up of photos. It's fun getting a glimpse into your world. Your niece is adorable!

Unknown said...

Thanks Martha 😁

LL Cool Joe said...

The photo of you and your niece cracked me up. What a happy pair you are. Were you pissed off because you didn't have ice cream too? :O

Unknown said...

Mr Joe,
I had one before. We can take as much ice-cream as we want in big affairs like this.
We all love free ice cream!

Post a Comment

Back to Top