12

Of Terrorism and Network of Spies


If I didn't love myself and parents well, I'd be a phenomenal crime lord.

Yes, I was born evil, and it wasn't my parents fault. Maybe the bad genes of my previous ancestors were finally distilled within me, or the cosmos decided to create an alien in human form for fun. I never said I was good, always tell people to be careful around me.

At least I warned them. It's not like I'd grow claws and rip them apart. I hold grudges... and I always get my dues. Imagine Damien 6.0.

Anyway, talking about Terrrorism... Last week three Malaysian fishermen were abducted by the coast of Sabah by three heavily armed men from the south of the Philippines... The same case happened before, some of our citizens kidnapped by the southern Philippines terrorists for ransom.

For your information, the south of Philippines is a nest of pirates, two bit freedom fighters and kidnappers. And those islands is very near to Sabah, Borneo, the eastern-most state of Malaysia.

A few years ago, several of these armed men infiltrated Sabah, killing locals and policemen in their wake. They wanted Sabah to be theirs, citing of documents and agreements from long past to validate their purpose. And the government mobilize the army and bombed them all to hell (I was surprised that we do have drone-bombs in our arsenal).

Back to the matter at hand, if we pay the ransom (millions of ringgit worth), they may return the hostages... but the vicious cycle will never end. The terrorists will buy more guns and continue rampaging and kidnapping, asking for more money. They say their cause is just, and they are desperate. But whoever knew of a righteous terrorist nowadays...

 People and places are bombed worldwide. Innocents shot by discontent madmen. Suffering, all year round, fun for the whole family! This is the age where terrorists are superstars, the news are almost incomplete without tales of death and carnage.

If it was up to me, I'd invade the south of Philippines and kill every living soul living there. And then withdrew my troop and say "Ooops! Sorry" to the Philippines government. But that may incite a war. See? The circle never ends. But diplomacy is already dead and buried.  

I am not nice, but I hate terrorism. Why? Because it may disturb my peace and sleep. Rather selfish reasons, that.

Anyway, let me tell you about yesterday's case;

A girl tweeted her picture in the afternoon during school. She was careful not to add her teachers or school friends. She thought she was clever... (bringing gadgets, phones to school is an offence)

Her friend outside the school saw the tweet, and promptly alerted a teacher about it. The teacher, who happened to be in the staff room yelled for me, showing me the uploaded tweet with picture, the damning evidence.

I instructed a couple of my prefects to bring this girl to me. It took her a long time to come (students know it is never a good thing when I call them). She was starting to evade when I asked where the handphone was, and I had not the energy to scream her to submission.

I flicked her tweet account using my own phone and showed the tweet to her (the time stamp clearly shows the upload during school hours). "Explain this." She was silent.

"Bring me the phone right now. If you refuse, it's ok. Tomorrow I shall call your parents and we shall have a meeting with the principal and vice principal of student affairs. So what shall it be?"

She relinquished her huge tablet to me immediately from her bag.

Yes, I do a lot of blackmailing. I am a terrorist too. I never said I am nice :)
 

12 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, Philippine terrorists have beheaded two Canadians in the past 3 months who were in that country. The Canadian government will not pay ransoms to terrorists.

Martha said...

You are a terror to those kids!

Unknown said...

Dear Debra;
I heard about the beheadings too. Why they need to cut off people heads is beyond understanding.
These terrorists need beheading themselves.

Unknown said...

Dear Martha;
Tell me something I don't know :)

Tomoko said...

I am sorrrry.
I have no idea about what you are saying here.
Be peaceful and healthy!!!
Are you enjoying your mini bicycle?

Unknown said...

Dear Tomoko;
It is allright :) inner peace, inner peace....
Yes, i have a lot of fun with my bike. Do you have one too?

Tomoko said...

I do not have a mini bike.I am very clumsy with riding bikes.
I was just worried about the diabetes you have.You might know.The disease can be improved by doing exercise.Have a good day!
a meddling lady,Tomoko

Unknown said...

:) I do eat n drink a lot less than before. Climbing up and down stairs at my school helps me to exercise.
You are not meddling at all. Thank you for your concern :)

ShadowRun300 said...

It's refreshing to see how "terroristic" you are with your students. Seems this day and age we go too easy on them. Kids need to know there are rules, and they need to be followed. But boy would I have avoided you as a student.... ;)

Unknown said...

Dear ShadowRun300;
Yes, today's kids are not so hardy and everything has been made easier for them.
I am quite popular in school for a discipline teacher. They know better than to do upsetting things in my presence.

Rock Chef said...

Nicely done.

On terrorists, over here we hail the French Resistance from the Second World War as heroes. Surely they were actually terrorists?

Unknown said...

Dear Rock Chef;
Come to think of it, one's patriot is another man's terrorist. Its just in different views.

Post a Comment

Back to Top