8

Must blog on.... Oh God give me the STRENGTH to go on! (Dramatic stance)

It has been almost a week and i have wondered off the trail again. Sniffing the wonderful scent of wild flowers (procrastination) and catching beautiful sparkly butterflies (idiot stuff) by the shadowy meadows of my mind (aka lots of sleep).

I am listening to music using my Bluetooth headphone, in the staff room, while waiting for a class in 30 minutes time. Ehem, I am actually doing teacher's work here, even though unrelated to the subject I am teaching, which is Science. Some students actually read my articles here, though they have a mighty hard time understanding as I don't really use 'simple words' (and they rarely use dictionaries nowadays...) And understandably, none will leave a comment as I will face and comment on them later in school, face to face. The power of fear, eh? Now let's photo - blog!

This is the school field at 650 in the morning. The warden house, next to the hostel has this view and as I have to wake up early to see the students off to school, I might as well snap a few pictures of the sun NOT rising yet. I sleep in school like once or twice a week.

My cat, Nabilah @ Kiki. A domestic long hair. The cat in the previous post belonged to my housemate. Cats are very clingy when you leave them for long hours. I was almost knocked down a few times when the kitties ran between my legs. Had some urges to slap them but come to think of it... that is one of the few ways they could show their love.
She will sit on the floor like this in front of me as I watch the television or play my games.

And this is the way up to school from the hostels. It's 720 and my prefects in blue are ready to take the names of latecomers. Everybody (except teachers) must walk up the hill, and those with transports have to leave them by the hostel parking lot. 
Come to think of it, this is about the ONLY proper exercise these students do on a daily basis.

This is a class of mine (14 years old), in the laboratory.
Since last month, I decided to take the backbench literally and made them teach to me and the rest of the class. All classes I teach are affected by this radical change; Sir Ramzu will no longer teach and tell. I will tell you why, soon.

And lastly, introducing my latest hobby! Stand-gardening! (Or standing while gardening, because I do not wish to have a back ache) or please rename this properly for me.
I use the place next to my gate to put some pots with plants at chest high. 
The one you see now is a chilli plant, a thai basil, a stevia, a mint, one bulbous and a mulberry. I should relocate the mulberry to a larger pot, as advised by a friend if I want it to bear fruits. I had to put my other basil plant inside the house because the Malaysian sun is just too harsh on it. Now it stays next to the kitchen sink (picture pending).

Yay! Another post done! Will do my rounds on your blogs soon enough.
My class is about to start soon :)  

8 comments:

Tenchi said...

Sir Ramzu teaching method is very good...I hope my teacher teach me this way then I might be have more confident for public speaking....

Sir Ramzu also have green thumb, bravo....my own gardening plan had bud up since I move to another rented house...was planning to buy some pot n soil to plant some chili, onion leave (daun bawang) and parsley at the small balcony...but all still in planning stage since I addicted in this PUBG game...killing ppl is more fun than get my hand dirty... must change n repent...

Unknown said...

Haiyo uncle...
I hate online games as many people I met there are uncouth and barbaric. So tak aci sometimes.
I do the gardening because I like to have herbs in my meals. I don't plant onions because they take sometime to mature.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Interesting post! Looking forward to more about your new teaching method. The kind of gardening you do is called "container gardening" in English. Your plants all look very healthy!

Unknown said...

Thanks madam :)
We have lots of sunny days here and as you observe, even weeds thrive very very well too.
May soon get some lavender to the collection.

LL Cool Joe said...

Hey great to see you blogging again! And how clever to let the kids teach you rather than you teaching them.

Your plants are growing well. I wish I had as much success as you. :)

Unknown said...

You trim hedges dude! That's a lot of vegetation already.
Thanks for visiting :)

Abby said...

Ramzu, are you really back?! I've missed you. Love your new teaching method, maybe I will try it!

Unknown said...

Dear madam;
Yes I am back. I have been missing for a year, mainly because I FORGOT that I have a blog.
That was bad.

Post a Comment

Back to Top