4

Thanks Whitney. Miracles Do Happen.

I was driving home, hearing some retro songs using my Motorola bluetooth headphones (ok ok I KNOW it was so bloody dangerous) when the song 'Miracle' by Whitney Houston was aired.

This particular song had set an important milestone on the long and winding road of my life. This is the song I heard once, when I was so lonely at boarding school (1992). This is the song that made me buy my first cassette - 'I'm Your Baby Tonight' (her album, which was stolen from me a year after). This is the first love song I ever memorized the lyrics.This is the song that made my strive for better English. This is the song that changed the school's infamous evil nerd into a deceptively more evil, yet (because now he realized that MIRACLES can happen) likeable fellow.

This is a great song. Alas, Whitney Houston is a drug junkie now. Thanks for the 'Miracle' anyway. 

4 comments:

SSQuo said...

I was in love with Whitney as a kid, I mean when she came out with 'I wanna dance with somebody' I was obsessed with her. I memorized her acceptance speech at the Grammy awards too.

I still hold a special place for her in my heart even though things have gone to the dogs...er....drugs.

Mervat said...

I too loved Whitney for so long, but became impatient with all the repetitions of the Bodyguard soundtrack that played everywhere. A guess she became too successful...I think she is definitely in need of her own miracle to happen.

Unknown said...

SSQuo; Weirdly enough, I don't like the song 'I wanna Dance With Somebody'. Maybe because I don't like dancing in particular.

You were a Whitney maniac. :)

Unknown said...

Mervat; SO TRUE. 'I Will Always Love You' is a very nice song but enough is enough. I was also saturated with the song and hated the film because simply, she could not act. :)

Post a Comment

Back to Top