6

I Was A Walking Dictionary

After attending a wedding ceremony this afternoon, my mother decided to visit her friend who got into an accident three days ago. As usual, I had to tag along because I love attending any wedding ceremony for the free food and the chance to criticise it later. And I don't mind the detour because as a dutiful son; mother is first.

My mother's friend broke a few bones on her right ribs and naturally wears a sling. There are a lot of people in the house; family, relatives and visitors like us. While sitting on the floor in front of her friend, my mum started to talk animatedly with her other friend, who happens to be the poor victim's older sister and both siblings (no surprise) are also teachers. The older teacher; Cikgu Midah; asked if I remembered her teaching me in primary school. I told her I remembered. 

"You were my walking dictionary. Remember the times when we did English translating and most of your friends never brought their dictionaries? All I had to do was ask you the meaning of words because I was also too lazy to bring my dictionary," she said with a laugh. I had forgotten all about it, but the memory came back to me. I was the ultimate teachers' pet in school.

I was likable, with the cute haircut so-much-like Damien of Omen I, II and III (remake too). My teachers from primary to secondary school had never forgotten me for some nice reasons which I will not bore you with. It is nice to be remembered thus. 

6 comments:

Aizan Suhaira said...

I was the teacher's pest.

Unknown said...

Aizan, you and James Bond are so alike; deadly one-liners.

If you get what I mean.

Inkpot said...

What a lovely memory. It was nice of your teacher to remind you of it. :)

SSQuo said...

I loved Damien. Eerie adorable! Teachers pass through so many students over the course of the years, so its really something for her to remember you, well, moreso for something so nice. :)

maximus alexius said...

bwek....!so jealous with u because u was a walking dictionary...

i was a teacher's pet during high skul but not for a long time because after high skul i was transferred to alor gajah...which is around your sphere...

but yet to be a teacher's pet when my history subject teacher was a PK HEM at that time was observed my achievement and do care about me...

Unknown said...

maximus; Kamu jambu cikgu ke? ewwwwwwwwwwwww! ha ha ha ha.

Post a Comment

Back to Top